Tuesday, May 6, 2008

More on BSG, jobs, etc.

So I've started pouring into the latest BSG DVD set, and I continue to be impressed with this series! One quality episode after another, all in Dolby 5.1 digital sound, with multiple podcast commentaries, extended versions of episodes, webisodes, deleted scenes, video blogs, you name it - how much better could this series get? Well, they could have more BSG trailers on the set and not clutter it up with junky cross-promotional trailers for other series on DVD. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Still, it continues to prove why "Battlestar Galactica" is, hands down, one of the top series on television today. The quality is that exceptional. When this series ends, I'm going to be really bummed. Now I'll have to go back and track down the first two seasons and the "Razor" spinoff movie my wife threw out of the house.

Still job-searching. Got a promising lead today from a contact of mine at my alma mater. He said that there's a good possibility of a job opening up, and once that job becomes available it would be the foot in the door for me to eventually teach a couple of English classes each semester. It wouldn't be the greatest work in the world, but at least I would be living a normal life once again. But things won't be normal until Lily's here with me.

I saw where John Langworthy's still at Morrison Heights. Lying two-faced bastard.

No comments: