Friday, May 2, 2008

Battlestar Galactica S3 here at last!

Well, in the middle of checking out the second batch of documentaries on Young Indiana Jones, Volume 3, what happened to arrive at my doorstep today but none other than the third season of Battlestar Galactica! YES!!!!!

Since returning to Mississippi, I've been catching up on the current batch of fourth (and final) season episodes of this really terrific series that just seems to keep turning the notch up higher and higher in terms of storytelling quality (not to mention all of those realistic and impressive visual effects!). It's the first time since the DVD release of the BSG spinoff film "Razor" that I've been able to sit back down and watch anything BSG-related. And now with the series heading into its final hurrahs, I can now go back and check out the entire third season that saw, among other things, the series itself reset a year into its future; President Gaius Baltar (James Callis, who plays the most textured villain on TV this side of Michael Rosenbaum's portrayal of Lex Luthor on Smallville) on trial for betraying the fleet; the disappearance and return of Kara "Starbuck" Thrace (Katee Sackhoff); and the shocking revelation of four more Cylons within the fleet, among them engineering Chief Galen Tyrol (Aaron Douglas) and Colonel Saul Tigh (Michael Hogan) aboard the Galactica itself! Talk about missing out!

Now that I've got the six-disc DVD set, I can check out the entire third season for myself and find out everything that I've missed. That'll definitely prep me for when the fourth and final season hits DVD eventually. I only wish that I still had the first two seasons and the "Razor" spinoff movie with me, but they were unfortunate casualties along with all of the Star Trek and Star Wars DVDs that my wife saw to it were thrown out. Even a couple of recorded DVDs of extra BSG content, with stuff not on the season sets, thrown out and gone. The only good thing about it is, as opposed to Star Trek and Star Wars, there isn't as much to go back and attempt to regain. Perhaps Universal Home Video will be kind enough to issue the entire series down the road in a complete series package with some extra bonus content, as some series have been issued in recent years, among them MASH, Star Trek: TNG, and Miami Vice, among others.

Looking forward to tonight's all new episode! See you then... so say we all!

No comments: