Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Good news and bad news...

Why is it that anytime somebody wants to share good news with another person, there's always bad news to go along with it? I'm not alone, thankfully.

The good news I have to share is that I have landed a job at last! I'll be teaching over at Sumner Hill High School in Clinton in the fall. I'll have four classes of English and a class of public speaking, so I'm excited about finally landing on my feet once again with a job! I'm now waiting for the paperwork to come in from the central office so I can complete it and be ready for the new school year.

In the meantime, I'll have to do some work in the interim through the summer months until the school year starts. Whatever that is, I'll be glad to get something, anything, to do until the school year begins.

Now the bad news... My wife said yesterday that she wants to file for legal separation and child support. This is not acceptable. I want to be able to get Lily moved from Alabama to Mississippi, and whatever it takes, I will do it. If it costs me my marriage, I can live with it - I think. I talked with a buddy of mine I've known for 20 years, and he made some practical suggestions. What I'll have to do is follow up with those suggestions and go from there.

Right now I'm at wits' end with this whole separation anxiety. All that matters to me is working once again and being with Lily once again.

No comments: