Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sometimes things happen...

Sometimes things happen for a reason. Call it God-inspired direction, serendipity, being in the right place at the right time, you name it.

Today I went to my alma mater, where I got my bachelor's and master's degrees, to apply for a student recruitment position and also for a position in the registrar's office. It turns out that the lady in HR referred me to the vice-president of academic affairs, who was one of my former teachers as an undergraduate student. She suggested I put in for an adjunct teacher's slot, and my former teacher recommended I put in for an assistant webmaster's position as well. Both of those, where I did web work by day and taught classes by night, would be wonderful opportunities for me to get back on my feet at my former college once again.

This comes on the heels of a pretty productive day yesterday that saw my teacher's license renewed until 2013, as well as a job interview scheduled for Friday afternoon after another job interview that same day. I have to admit, for being back only a few days, I've made some serious progress in my job search that's yielding some pretty decent results.

I don't know what's happening or why, all I know is that God's directing my footsteps now for a reason, and I want to find out what that reason is. I mean, it's obvious, I need a position so I can get back on my feet and take care of my daughter and family. Even if it does wind up in divorce, at least I'd be able to provide for my daughter. All I know is that I'm ready to go back to work...very soon.

No comments: