Friday, November 16, 2007

A quick note on a Friday...

This will be a quickie for you today... First off, I posted my recent review of "Star Trek" Season 1 (DVD/HD-DVD) on TrekWeb.com, which was my main outlet for DVD reviews prior to my blog site. Click here to read both the review and reader comments on the review and the set.

Second, I should have my second part of my "Young Indy" review ready to go next week, so be on the lookout for it! It'll cover Discs 2 and 3 of all the content pertaining to "Passion for Life".

Finally, to change gears, how hard is it to get a job? Half of these places don't ever respond, and those who do give you the polite "no, thank you, we're not interested" line. And those who say they're going to call you back and follow up with you don't ever follow up. What's the point of it all? It's just frustrating, which explains why I haven't been blogging as much lately as I should be. Job searching is a full-time job in and of itself, but it doesn't pay the bills, the gasoline for the car, and the food on the table. When will someone say, "We want you for the job, when can you start?" I'm tired of playing the bridesmaid in this dance. I'm always the one with the impressive resume, but... (and there's that dangling "but" again that I've despised since I was in junior high school). I'm so more than ready for a breakthrough, but nothing's happening. And time's running out.

I'll touch base again with my latest blog when I can. See you again soon...

No comments: