Friday, July 11, 2008

A pretty good way to end the week...

While things are still running a bit frazzled on the homefront, it looks like it'll be the first part of September before I'm able to make it back to Alabama to see my daughter. The reason: money - or more specifically, lack of money. Because I won't get my first paycheck until sometime in August, I won't be able to drive over to see my family again. Oh well, it happens that way at times, I guess.

As if that weren't enough, both my mother and I are getting mixed messages from my wife. While I'm still frustrated enough not to go into any of the details, it makes the thought of divorce all the more an unbearable possibility. But all that matters to me is being with Lily once again.

In the meantime, though, there is a bit of good news to report. First up, I just got a copy of the new "Batman: Gotham Knight" DVD in its general single-disc issue, in time for next week's highly anticipated theatrical release of "The Dark Knight". Look for that review very soon.

Second, and this is an immensely huge break for me, it looks like I'll be getting back quite a bit of my "Star Trek" collection that got unceremoniously tossed into the garbage a couple of years ago by my wife. Without going into specifics, I'll be getting back a number of the novels that I lost, along with the comic strip CDs, and quite possibly the comic books themselves! That would only leave more recent books and the DVDs to obtain. It's nothing short of a blessing for this Trek fan.

And on that note, I'll see you again soon!

No comments: