Monday, June 23, 2008

Almost back to feeling normal again...

While I'm awaiting the next DVD for review, I can't help but think about the accomplishments I've made since returning to Mississippi. For one, I got my teacher's license back. Second, I got a teaching job only a few minutes from where I'm living. Third, I'm getting back on track in some personal areas that I'd rather not discuss here. Let's just say that I'm on the road back to feeling normal once again.

But it's cost a lot in the process.

For one, I've lost a lot of DVDs and books in the process. Among them:

- ALL of the Star Trek and Star Wars DVDs
- the Alien and Matrix sets
- numerous Star Trek and Star Wars books and magazines I brought with me from MS to AL or picked up while in AL
- countless other DVDs that are too many to list here

All in all, it's thousands and thousands of dollars in DVDs, books, and magazines that I'll more than likely never see again. And if I'm even able to find them, it may take another 40 years before I can ever recoup what I lost that Sunday after Thanksgiving in November 2006. My only regret is that April never knew to share in those hobbies and interests of mine, as I did with hers. At least it's just stuff. That can be replaced.

What can never be restored is the trust and love that was the basis of my marriage. For all intents and purposes, it's over. All that awaits me now is perhaps the ugliest battle of my life, filing for divorce and getting Lily. But one way or another, that's a battle that I have no intention of losing.

No comments: